WELCOME TO THE OLD NORTHSIDE
North Meridian Street Historic District is a national historic district. It encompasses 169 contributing buildings in a high style residential section of Indianapolis. The district developed between about 1900 and 1936, and includes representative examples of Tudor Revival, Colonial Revival, and Classical Revival style architecture. Located in the district is the separately listed William N Thompson House. Other notable contributing resources include the Evan-Blankenbaker House (1901), Sears-Townsend House (1930), MacGill-Wemmer House, Hugh Love House (1930), Hare-Tarkington House (1911), Shea House (1922), and Brant-Weinhardt House (1932).
The North Meridian neighborhood offers diverse living options. The area is anchored by the Indiana War Memorials which occupy five blocks featuring Downtown's striking monuments and majestic green space. The Central Library Indianapolis Public Library, Indianapolis Cultural Trail and Scottish Cathedral are right outside your door. Choose from condominiums at 429 North Penn, Indianapolis Athletic Club or Meridian Arch, an apartment in three separate Vermont Place buildings or a newly constructed or beautifully renovated apartment in the Liberty Square District.
The Old Northside incorporates classic charm with an urban edge to make it one of Downtown's most sought after addresses. Residents have included leaders of Indianapolis' social, political and commercial life and former U.S. President Benjamin Harrison. This historic neighborhood also includes the Morris-Butler House Museum with numerous cultural events occurring throughout the year. Today the Old Northside is thriving with innovative construction, quaint homes to elegant mansions and lush tree-lined streets.